Become a Borrower
Kiva Zip is a website that enables individual lenders around the world to ‘crowd fund’ interest-free loans directly to small business owners and entrepreneurs in the US and Kenya. The three primary objectives for this program are to:
- Expand borrowers’ access to capital, by making loans to people who may not qualify for conventional loans
- Lower the financial costs of borrowers by leveraging new technologies
- Develop personal connections between Kiva Zip lenders and borrowers by enabling them to communicate on the Zip website
As a borrower on Kiva Zip you will have the opportunity to raise interest free capital and access a community of lenders who can serve as brand ambassadors and potential customers for your business.
Where are you?
To learn more about the Kiva Zip program and get started, please visit our borrower resource center.
Kiva Zip in Kenya
- The maximum amount of your first Kiva Zip loan can be up to 10,000 KSh
- The payback period for your first loan will be 2-3 months
- You can repay the loan in weekly or monthly installments
- The interest rate is 0%. There are no hidden fees
- If you pay back in full and on time you will be able to access larger loans and more flexible loan terms (for more information on Credit Ladders see our FAQ)
- Loans are disbursed, and repayments collected, via M-PESA
What Now? Find out more about Kiva Zip!
(Links will open in new windows)
Are you interested?
Please fill in your information below and we'll contact you!